Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Knitted snowmen

Here is my blog post for some of the snowmen hats 

http://gardenclc.blogspot.com/2015/11/knitted-snowmen-2015.htmlDB

Size 5 DBLB needles

Snowman 
CO 6 plus 1 to join in the round 

K1fb around 
K1fb, K1 across
K1fb, K2 across
K1fb, K3 across until you have 30 stitches 

Knit around until you ahve desired height 
If you need to know about how many row for a short snowman , I knit about 33 rounds (this will make snowman measure about 5 inches high.

I now stuff the bottom . I put stuffing and now am adding some glass gems from the dollar tree to give it weight in the bottom to help it stand , Then add more stuffing .  

K2tog, K2 across
I did this until I have 6 or 9 stitches 
At this point add and more stuffing that is desired 
I cut yarn and pull through remain stitches 
Weave in end 

Then I make hat and scarf 

For hat I have been casting on 30 plus 1 to join in the round 
K2,P2 around ...I do this for about 3 or 4 rounds
Then Knit to desired height 
I then do a 3 needle bind off with two knitting needles and a crochet hook 

I use pink pom pom maker from clover 

the scarf I crochet 
Chain 40 
single crochet 2 rows 









































1 comment: